Professional Racing Team"Everything you want is on the other side of fear". --Jack Canfield
The Winningest MX-5 Cup Team, EVER!
Mazda MX-5 Cup
Sick Sideways MX-5 Highlights
- 2016 Series Champions: Nathanial Sparks
- 2015 Champions: John Dean II
- Highest finishing Female Driver: Sarah Montgomerey
- Most Team Wins
- Most Team Podiums
- 2018 Team of the Year
- 2012 Team of the Year
Team Stats: 2012-2019
Championship Wins: 2
Team of the Year Awards: 2
How do we achieve this level of success?
- Team-work: Our goal is for the entire team finish up front. We share all video and data between all drivers to better everyone. All of our drivers work together on and off the track.
- Attitude: We strive for a positive and fun atmosphere. Whether we are looking over data, contemplating setups, or just playing silly games we make up, we are always boosting each other.
- Hard work: Every team work hard. So what sets us apart? While other teams throw in the towel and give up, we keep working. We have fixed the “impossible” to get a driver back on track.
- Prep: Our prep work between events is overly thorough. DNFs are not acceptable.
- Learning: If you are not moving forward, you are moving backwards. This is important in every aspect of what we do.
Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires
Arguably the Most Competitive Sports-car Series in the Country
About MX-5 Cup
The Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires is the signature spec series for the Mazda Road to 24 (#MRT24), the sports car counterpart to the Mazda Road to Indy (#MRTI). On both paths, Mazda-powered champions earn a Mazda scholarship to advance their career. The MX-5 Cup champion earns a $200,000 scholarship.
The MX-5 Cup race cars start as complete MX-5 road cars from the Mazda Hiroshima, Japan factory before being transported to engineering development partner Long Road Racing in Statesville, North Carolina where they are produced into a race car. The process includes disassembly of the production car, welding and paint of a full roll cage and interior, and assembly of the race car, adding more than 250 motorsports-specific parts. Other components of the car, including the Mazda SKYACTIV 2.0 liter engine are sealed to ensure even competition and a cost-effective platform.
Information on the car is online at www.mazdamotorsports.com.